Manual QA Engineer
This profession is for those who:
How to start a career in IT?
- Introduction to the Profession
- Further Ways of Development in This Area
- Basics of Testing
- Bug Report
- Playback Steps
- Classification of Bugs
- Manual vs Automation
- What is Testing
- 7 Principles of Testing
- Homework Review
- Software Life Cycle
- Tester Tasks
- Advantages and Disadvantages of the QA Engineer Profession
- Classification of Testing Types: By Knowledge of System
- Black Box Testing
- White Box Testing
- Gray Box Testing
- Classification of Testing Types: By Testing Object
- Example of Pencil Testing
- Classification of Testing Types: Additional Testing Types
- Door Testing
- Testing Levels
- Differences Between Ad-Hoc and Exploratory Testing
- Test Documentation
- Mind Map
- Features Acceptance Criteria
- Test Cases
- Check Lists TRACEABILITY MATRIX
- Test Plan
- Bug Report
- COST OF BUG
- Test Report
- Basic Principles and Purposes of Documentation Testing
- Objectives and Techniques of Test Design
- Equivalence Partitioning
- Boundary Values Analysis
- Decision Table
- Classification Trees
- Pairwise Testing
- Domain Testing
- Use Case Diagram Testing
- State-transition Table Testing
- Additional Test Design Techniques
- Test Metrics and Test Coverage
- User History
- MoSCoW Prioritization
- UML Diagrams
- Homework Review
- Software Testing Life Cycle
- Introduction to Software Development Methodologies
- Waterfall — Cascade Model
- XP (Extreme Programming)
- Practice Task
- What Are Version Control Systems — GIT
- GIT Types
- How and Why to Work with GIT
- Getting Started with GIT
- Working with Files
- Cancellations of Project Changes
- Moving Between File Versions
- Basic Commands in GIT
- Jira Basics
- Projects and Major Project Objects
- Issues Types
- Creating Global Functionality (Epic)
- Creating a User Story
- Creating Tasks (Task and Sub-task)
- Creating a Bug Report
- Planning Poker and Story Point
- JQL (Jira Query Language)
- Document Management (Confluence)
- What is Web Application?
- What are COOKIES?
- What are WEB CACHES and HTTP SESSIONS?
- Performance and Configuration Testing
- Cross-browser, Cross-platform Testing
- Localization Testing
- Test Layout
- Certificates and Their Types
- SEO Introduction
- Concept and General Principles of K-C Architecture
- Monolithic and Distributed Systems. Scaling Types, Advantages and Disadvantages
- What is API
- HTTP Requests. Synchronous and Asynchronous Requests. Status Codes
- What is SOAP Services
- What is REST. REST Principles
- What is "Load Testing"
- How to Perform Stress Testing
- JMeter: Introduction
- JMeter: Test Project
- JMeter: Test Report Generation
- JMeter: Analysis of Load Testing Results
- Concept of Relational Databases, Basic Definitions
- Entity-relationship Model, Types of Relationships. DB Normalization (Forms 1–3)
- SQL Structure. Data Types
- Installing and Configuring the SQL Server
- Basic Data Operations: SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
- Database Queries: Selection of Unique Values, Filtering, Grouping and Sorting, Getting a Range
- Database Queries: Aggregate Functions, Subqueries, EXISTS Operator, Alias
- Combining Tables
- Understanding Transactions
- Android and IOS Operating Systems. Features of Mobile App Testing
- 5 principles of Mobile App Testing
- View Application Logs in Android Studio, Taking Screenshots of Devices and Video Recording
- Using the AVD Manager for Testing on Emulators
- Viewing Application Logs in Xcode
- Using Charles to Intercept Server Requests
- Testing Push Notifications
- Application Distribution, Marketplace Requirements, Beta Testing Services
- Apple Subscriptions, Apple ID Testing
- Environment Setting Up for Building Android Application
- Android App Building
- Adding New Project to App Center and Connecting Analytics
- What is CI/CD: Dealing with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
What will your resume look like after training?
- Bug reports
- est Cases/Check List/Smoke & Automation Check List
- Test Report
- Mind map
- Test Plan
- DOM, CSS, network
- BDD, TDD
- (Data Manipulation Language): SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE
- XML, json, YAML
- UT Unit, UT NUnit
- WinForm (calc) + Test
- Creative approach to tasks
- Time management skills
- Ability to negotiate with people
- Adaptability and situation analysis
- High communication skills
Advantages of training at DevEducation
- Polina GerasimovaFrontend DeveloperThe course is well-planned, there are video lessons, reading materials and practical assignments. We had daily meetings with the expert on weekdays, where we could ask questions. If something wasn't clear, they always helped. I also want to mention the excellent work of the course supervisors. Always supportive, always kept in touch, and helped with all questions. I really liked the course. Especially the projects in the virtual laboratory. They were very interesting, you had to think for yourself and come up with some solutions. I think it was a good course to enter the IT sector. That's why I recommend it to everyone and wish you good luck!
- Liya IvaninskayaProject ManagerDespite the fact that in the past I already had experience as a packaging manager (very similar to PM role), the course surprised me. I did not know that the leadership style could be changed. I thought that some people are gifted and some are not, for example, to inspire people to follow themselves. But the course made me realize that there are tools for that, and it is possible to practice and achieve your goals. I went to the course having a test project. And, for the sake of the experiment, I began to do everything in accordance with the advice from the course. It is amazing: you just take it and do it, and the path from the idea to the finished site lies under your feet. In fact, finding a new project is not a problem after the course. Now, looking through the vacancies for the PM role, I can say: "Yes, I understand it, I know these words, and I know what to do with it and how to work”.
- Mariia SpivakJava DeveloperI graduated from the DevEducation course in Java. Immediately after completing the course, I was invited for an interview with a company, which I successfully passed, and now I am finishing my probationary period. It is very valuable that the courses were taught by guys who work as developers. They shared invaluable experience and knowledge, were always in touch and answered all the questions that came up. After the first lesson, we already started to practice, and at the end of the course we created a whole project as a team. The school really promotes real IT specialists and gives a chance for interesting and promising work.
- Anastasia KovalProject ManagerI found out about courses from DevEducation through their instagram page. During my studies, there were many new things for me. Some stuff was absolutely unknown, but İ knew a few things already and thanks to the courses I deepened my knowledge. The course is very condensed, in just 5 weeks we managed to go through what one would normally do in a year of study. Everything that we learned was very practical, not theory, but taken from real situations. This is due to the fact that all the teachers are acting PMs in different companies. I am grateful for the experience they gave us.
- Violette KuzmenkoQA Automation EngineerI came to DevEducation as a newcomer to IT. I gained a lot of theoretical and practical QA skills which I can easily apply to my current work. DevEducation not only gives you experience, but also the opportunity to realize your potential. This enables you to become a professional and reach greater heights. Don’t be afraid to start something new — try it and you won’t regret it.
- Victor ZozulyaJava DeveloperI worked as a bartender for a long period, but had also wanted to try out IT for a long time. What matters at DevEducation are the people. The head of the college personally spoke with me in the interview, and I felt supported by all the staff throughout training. The teachers placed great importance on quality training and the ability to find a job quickly and efficiently. I’m now a software developer and my work has given me the chance to learn multiple libraries and languages. But it was DevEducation that laid the foundation for all of this!
- Valentin ZuevQA Automation EngineerBefore joining DevEducation, I worked a lot of jobs — courier, sales representative, online store manager, and content manager. But in each of them, there came a moment when I realized that I was no longer advancing. Then I decided to find a field where there would always be opportunities to grow, so I chose IT. DevEducation courses helped me create a huge foundation of knowledge, practice a lot, and participate in hackathons with teams from different countries. I currently work for WizardsDev in a QA/AT role. Remember: no matter who you were and what you've done before, set yourself a goal and build your own successes!
Most frequently asked questions
UX/UI designers are some of the most in-demand IT professionals. They design user interfaces and visual elements of applications and websites, striving to make them convenient and aesthetically appealing for the user. Join a UX UI design course and master this in-demand profession from scratch! UX/UI designer
The Python developer creates powerful yet user-friendly computer applications and websites using the Python programming language. This language is becoming increasingly popular in the software industry because of its flexibility. Python is easy to learn, even if you've never programmed. Python Developer
Protecting enterprise information assets is a top priority for corporations and businesses of all sizes and in every sector of the economy. Despite the high demand for this profession in the IT field, it is available to people without a technical background. Take the Cybersecurity Specialist course and get an in-demand profession! Cybersecurity Specialist
Learn to design, develop, implement, and maintain Java-based programs, components, and services. Integrate data with user interfaces to create business applications for any enterprise, from e-commerce to e-learning and all aspects of the digital transformation movement. Java Developer
The project manager is probably the most important person on the project team. Virtually every successful business employs project managers to organize and execute projects. By 2024, project management jobs are projected to grow by 6%. Enroll on a course to take your place in a growing market! Project Manager
The task of the QA engineer is to test new software and give it back for improvement if it does not meet the stated requirements. No software product is launched without quality assurance and functionality testing. Master the profession of QA Engineer, and you will always be in demand in the IT market! Manual QA Engineer
QA Automation Engineer is a specialist who ensures the quality of the product and monitors all stages of development from idea to release. This profession has the competencies of both a tester and a developer. The QA Automation Engineer is involved in all development processes: from the preparation of standards and requirements to the development of the product itself, and also owns manual testing and writes scripts to automate this process, reports problems, and oversees their fixes. QA Automation Engineer
DevOps engineers are in high demand because this field of software development is constantly growing. New DevOps tools and platforms are emerging in the market, and companies are looking for engineers who understand these processes and can support them. The demand for DevOps engineers is expected to grow by 24% by 2026. DevOps Engineer
What a QA engineer doesQA engineer provides quality control of software development during all phases of planning, creation, and design. The main task of a QA engineer is to optimize software development processes, preventing difficulties and errors. The work is quite important in IT, because the final product and its quality depend on thorough testing and system analysis. The Quality Assurance engineer monitors the technical requirements of the product. QA engineer runs tests and other approaches that help check quality (the main parameter is the ratio of reality to expectations about the product being developed). How is a list of requirements for an application or software generated? The customer interviews the end users and, using this research, describes the requirements and showing the development specialists how to create the product. The testers get a technical task to check the final result for compliance with user requests. An additional task is to analyze the expectations of the customer and the end user. Often, they are different.
Portrait of a QA engineerThe Quality Assurance engineer is in charge of quality assurance. The meaning of this work is to improve the process of software development, timely detection of defects. Studies of the labor market indicate that the portrait of the average QA engineer in Ukraine is a 26-year-old young professional. Their experience ranges from 6 months (Junior) to 5 years (Senior). Salaries average between $600 and $2,700. What does the specialist do? The main task is to monitor and ensure the quality of the final product. All the attention in the work is focused on assessing the stages of software development, its optimization, the prevention of errors and difficulties, so that they do not arise at the stage of using the product. The following stages of quality analysis are distinguished. What a QA specialist does in the workplace:
- Checks the requirements for the product;
- Assesses risks;
- Generates ideas aimed at optimizing quality;
- Plans for testing;
- Analyzes its results.
Advantages of the professionLet's take a look at the benefits of the QA engineer's profession:
- Working as a QA engineer contributes to personal development, gives the opportunity to obtain technical and near-technical skills and knowledge. They will be useful in the workplace and in everyday life.
- QA engineer is able to analyze the development of the product from the beginning to the final result. The specialist is directly involved at all stages, controls the progress of software creation, and constantly monitors the requests of end users. We can say for sure that QA reveals a deep knowledge of what the software consists of and how to work on it.
How to pass QA engineer trainingFor whom QA engineer training at DevEducation courses is suitable:
- For beginners. For those who do not yet have an idea of software testing but reveals a desire to learn this field.
- For novice professionals. For those who already have some knowledge and practical skills, who have begun to enter the field but need to deepen and systematize theory and practice.
- For practitioners. For those who can already work as a tester or QA engineer but feel the need to learn new technologies, systems, participation in a community of professionals.